Welgelegen is a working cherry and apple farm and the perfect place for an unforgettable experience.
Welgelegen Cherry Estate is situated in the Eastern Free State, 40 km from Clarens, lying in the picturesque Witteberg mountains and overlooking the Maluti mountains.
The Welgelegen ambiance is the ultimate example of country elegance in the Eastern Free State with its Sandstone Mountains.
Welgelegen Cherry Estate provides you with:
- A unique farm atmosphere in tranquil surroundings with spectacular photo opportunities.
- A reception hall, with modern catering equipment and bar facilities, seats 220 people and has wonderful views of the sandstone cliffs with exceptional hues during sunset.
- A one stop service for all your requirements including Decor, Flowers, DJ, Beautician, Wedding cakes and Onsite Catering.
- A unique natural beauty for each season: Spring Blossoms, Summer Fruit, Autumn Leaves, and Winter Snow.
- Cherry and apple trees blossom in mid to late September offering an incredible sight of delicate white flowers.
- Cherry trees bear fruit during October and November. Apple trees bear fruit from February to April.
- Beautiful autumn scenes are created with the cherry trees dressed in bright orange leaves.
- During winter the snow capped Maluti Mountains are spectacular and the Witteberg in the background always creates fantastic photo opportunities.
- Luxurious accommodation for 79 guests on the farm ensuring an unforgettable event.